It is possible to retrofit your sign with LED neon signs. Using updated technology and dynamic components is cost-effective and energy efficient. Your business will be able to attract more customers by displaying new signs which last longer and conserve energy over time. For businesses with outdated, damaged signs might find retrofitting to be the most effective option.
In this Article
Why Should You Retrofit Your Sign with LED Lighting?
The sign in front of your business represents your company’s aesthetics and trustworthiness. A lot of companies are beginning to retrofit their signs onto poles or above their shops so that customers can see them. It is possible to get more durable signage that lasts longer, and attracts more customers, and retrofit fluorescent lights to LED ones.
LEDs outperform fluorescent lights and give a stable return on investment (ROI) to your budget. LEDs are more affordable to purchase and maintain, and they use less power. This will aid in reducing the cost of your monthly bills. LED bulbs can last up to 50,000 hours while fluorescent bulbs normally last for about 8,000 hours. LEDs are more likely burnout and can be easily seen, even when a module is broken or dimmed.
LED retrofits can be especially beneficial at night, as customers are most likely to be aware of your signage. Signs that aren’t lit aren’t seen by a lot of people. LED neon signs make your business stand out from other businesses. Different sign materials can be used by companies to create an innovative appealing, eye-catching, and bright impact.
LED Retrofitting Sign Lighting Benefits
LED lights can help businesses gain more customers and increase confidence in their customers. From energy efficiency to better security features, the advantages of LED retrofitting far outweigh the initial investment cost. These are only a few benefits:
- More efficient lighting: Most fluorescent lights are multi-directional, and can dim over time. LED neon signs however have single-directional lights that project directly outwards, resulting in more effective signs and clearer images.
- LED lighting is easy to maintain. They last for 50,000 hours and require little maintenance. Because they make signs easier to maintain Many businesses find that they have a lower amount of calls to service and see an increased ROI after retrofitting their signage with LEDs.
- Upfront costs: By converting to LED lights, companies will be able to lower their initial expenses when replacing their signage with a new bulb. It’s less expensive to switch to LEDs than to fluorescent lighting when you take into account the time and materials involved.
- Savings on energy: LEDs are very energy-efficient. They convert electricity to light without losing significant quantities of heat. Because they use less energy than similar bulbs, they can help companies save money over time.
- Safety enhancement: Many modules of LED come with components that shield against vibration damage. Since LEDs also utilize direct current (DC) wiring as well as a lower voltage they are less dangerous to operate than neon or fluorescent light bulbs.
What is the payback period when converting to LED lighting in an illuminated sign?
Retrofitting your signs with LED neon signs can yield a substantial return. You can start seeing savings on maintenance costs and calls to professionals almost immediately and your payback period can be as short as four months.
Businesses can cut costs on electricity and other expenses over time. While the initial expense of retrofitting LEDs might seem daunting to some businesses, the savings that your company will experience over the next five to 10 years is worth it.
Sign-longevity and maintenance costs
LED neon signs last longer and require less maintenance as compared to other signs. For example, high-output fluorescent bulbs fade in color and brilliance after a couple of years, and a lot of them are constructed with glass that is easily broken. They can also be extremely high-voltage and not waterproof, which means there are always fire hazards.
LED lights, however, are very low maintenance and work with DC voltage. The company you work for will experience a decrease in service costs over time and a rise in ROI.
Does Retrofitting Requirement constitute a Field Assessment?
You might require authorization from some local authorities or municipalities before retrofitting your sign to use LED lights. If you retrofit your sign according to the instructions, you may not require an evaluation in the field. However, a field evaluation is required if you’ve used non-certified retrofitting.
What is the Best repair, retrofitting, or Replacing?
Each option comes with pros and cons when it comes to replacing, retrofitting, or fixing the sign. Based on your budget and your long-term goals, the best option for your company will be determined.
The process of repairing a sign could involve a new paint job or refastening the sign adding letters to the sign, or making customized pieces to improve the sign’s appearance.
A few of the benefits are:
- Cost: It can be more economical to refurbish and repair the sign in its original condition.
- Simple solutions: A professional will quickly repair signs that are faded or damaged.
A few cons are:
- Customers’ confusion: Some customers may find an old sign confusing and may be wondering if the company has changed management.
- Old signs: If you don’t like the design of your sign, it might be time to have it replaced.
Retrofitting your signage with LEDs is a low-cost and energy-efficient option that will improve their brightness each day. In addition to saving money on electricity bills, your message display will stand out and bring in more customers to your business.
A few of the benefits include:
- Lower energy bills: LED lighting uses less energy, which could help you save money and time.
- Few bulb replacements: LED lights are long-lasting and require less maintenance than other lights.
A few cons are:
- Lighting limitations: Signs may not have the right setup to permit the installation of new LED lighting.
- Unlimited update possibilities: Signs in poor condition may indicate that they need to be replaced.
A brand new sign can refresh your brand and attract new clients to your business. You should consider changing your sign if it’s outdated. This will allow you to communicate the company’s products to customers.
Some pros include:
- Opportunities to update: You have the option of including any new services and products on your updated signs.
- Providing answers: A new sign will assist customers by giving the information people most commonly need.
Replacing your sign can also have some cons:
- A long wait: The manufacturing process of completely replacing a sign takes time.
- Restrictions on licensing: Some municipalities require different licenses to install new signs.